Friday, October 19, 2007

Did your parents have nicknames for eachother?

Dad called her Peg - if he couldn't find her it was "Oh Peg". She just called him Vaughn. They signed things to each other DOD and DOM- Dear old Mom and Dear old Dad. --Kathee Zenger

The only names I remember them using for each other, at least in our presence, was when Dad (grandpa) would need something from Mom (grandma) he would call out "Peg," and in reverse she would call out "Vaughn," or "Dad." I can't recall them every using any cutsie names for each other. Now, when it came to letters, or email, it was always D.O.D. (dear ole dad) or D.O.M. (dear ole mom). --John Terry

The only thing I ever heard Obaachan and Ojiichan calleach other is mama and daddy. That, of course, was so that little children would learn to call them that. I remember hearing my grandma Tucker calling her husband, daddy too. I don't remember hearing grandpa Tucker call grandma anything though. I think maybe itwas because his voice was so soft, it was usually very difficult to understand him, and I never remember a time when he had teeth. --Mary Terry

No comments: